Arts & Science Council President Scott Provancher talks about what ASC is doing to look forward as the organization kicks off the 2011 Annual Fund Drive in this edition of On Topic.
ASC President Scott Provancher talks about innovation, adaptation, education and how ASC is helping Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools in this first edition of On Topic.
To see the video in HD click here.
To find out more about ASC’s education fund call Julie Conigliaro at 704-335-3046.
By ASC Past Board Chairs A SMALL STEP TOGETHER WILL BE A LARGE STEP FOR MECKLENBURG: Why is it that all of us in Mecklenburg County should support a 1/4 penny increase in the county sales tax? EDUCATION. The money raised from that 1/4th of one percent increase in sales tax–from visitors, business travelers, and […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Manager Everything about the 2014 countywide Cultural Vision Plan screams that it’s different from past plans, from the imaginative artworks created by photographer Sean Busher that illustrate the vision to the vision statements at the heart of the new plan. Past plans “were very prescriptive in page after page after page […]
By Amy Bareham Cultural and Community Investment Intern If art is a universal language, then music is a dialect of compelling strength and influence. Charlotte organization A Sign of the Times of the Carolinas speaks this dialect fluently, creating spaces for the celebration of performing arts, specifically those steeped in African-American culture. Founded in 2006, […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Manager Leslie Craven grew up in the cultural sector. She participated in camps and helped usher at Children’s Theatre of Charlotte, where her mother Kathy Craven retired in 2005, and enrolled in Suzuki music lessons at the age of four at Community School of the Arts. She took piano lessons in […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Manager Tuesday, Nov. 4, is Election Day. That means it’s your opportunity to exercise your right and stand up FOR teachers, arts and culture, libraries, and job-creation by voting FOR the Mecklenburg County Sales Use Tax referendum. The quarter-cent sales tax increase, which does not apply to food, gas or medicine, […]
- @SusanPCharlotte We have a few of our own but would love to see what others in the community are saying once this is over! 1 day ago
- RT @SusanPCharlotte: #CLTarts, what are your ideas to make our city even more successful? Share them with @knightfdn! @McCollCenterNC @ASCC… 1 day ago
- RT @JohnHorne3: READ: Tonight the @hornets return home! Check out how an @ASCCharlotte granted filmmaker documented this return https://t.c… 2 days ago
- The @hornets are back in #CLT! An ASC grant helped a local filmmaker track grassroots efforts to bring back the buzz. bit.ly/1wFOyZg 2 days ago
- Still plenty of cultural treats to enjoy for Halloween! bit.ly/103aa6A 2 days ago