Arts & Science Council President Scott Provancher talks about what ASC is doing to look forward as the organization kicks off the 2011 Annual Fund Drive in this edition of On Topic.
ASC President Scott Provancher talks about innovation, adaptation, education and how ASC is helping Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools in this first edition of On Topic.
To see the video in HD click here.
To find out more about ASC’s education fund call Julie Conigliaro at 704-335-3046.
By Amy Bareham Community & Cultural Investment Intern For many, art seems to resemble an awkward first date. We sit down with a painting or a novel, a poem or an opera and we try. We listen, we observe, we ask the obligatory introspective questions about ourselves and the work, but then art gets a […]
Compiled by Bernie Petit Communications Manager You don’t have to wait for Halloween to enjoy some great cultural treats. You can get dressed up or go as yourself to one or more Halloween-themed cultural haunts. From a haunted trail at Historic Latta Plantation to a marvelous, luminescent reality courtesy of Charlotte’s Omimeo Mime Theatre, there […]
By Amy Bareham Cultural & Community Investment Intern Charlotte’s Culture Initiative, graphic design, painting and the Hornets all have someone in common: his name is Arthur Brouthers and he is a fall 2014 Arts & Science Council Community Supported Art (CSA) participant. Originally from Charleston, Brouthers is the embodiment of synergy, marrying multiple concepts and […]
Compiled by Bernie Petit Communications Manager For ghouls, goblins and candy lovers, this is the best time of the year. Halloween is just around the corner, and tricks or treats are only part of the fun in upcoming cultural haunts that will get folks in the spirit of the holiday. From preparations for the Zombie […]
By Amy Bareham Cultural and Community Investment Intern If you circled Freedom Park at the recent Festival in the Park, you undoubtedly noticed Liz Saintsing, completely in her element and surrounded by silk screens. Fall 2014 Arts & Science Council Community Supported Art participant and longtime art enthusiast, Saintsing has a vivacious spirit – one that […]
- RT @LyonsFineArt: Come hoop with me #MissX @ my tent tomorrow #clt #fun #family #health cardinalinnovations.org/fun @SocNCharlotte @ToDoInCharlo… 14 hours ago
- Thank you to the individuals and organizations that keep our cultural sector vibrant by supporting ASC! bit.ly/10qPNSe #ASCYouandMe 1 day ago
- @PattonMcDowell Thank you for helping spread the word! 1 day ago
- RT @PattonMcDowell: Follow @Together4Meck to support the 1/4-cent sales tax referendum on 11/4 that will assist @ASCCharlotte http://t.co/h… 1 day ago
- Special #SpiralBound screening and 2014 Cato teaching award winners to be honored tonite in Matthews. Please join us! bit.ly/cato2014 1 day ago