Arts & Science Council President Scott Provancher talks about what ASC is doing to look forward as the organization kicks off the 2011 Annual Fund Drive in this edition of On Topic.
ASC President Scott Provancher talks about innovation, adaptation, education and how ASC is helping Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools in this first edition of On Topic.
To see the video in HD click here.
To find out more about ASC’s education fund call Julie Conigliaro at 704-335-3046.
By Scott Walker Cunningham Davidson College Education Scholar “Do you like your name, Abekh?” “I don’t like it. I like Jackson 2.” “Do you feel a certain way when you dance?” “I just love dancing. And when I dance I feel like I’m famous.” I overheard this hallway conversation between seven-year-old Abekh El and 17-year-old […]
By: Bernie Petit Communications Manager The Cultural Leadership Training (CLT) class of 2014 is poised to make its mark on our cultural sector. On June 10, 2014, 30 of Charlotte-Mecklenburg’s emerging leaders graduated from the Arts & Science Council’s (ASC) innovative program designed to connect them with their cultural passion and prepare them to serve […]
By: Bernie Petit Communications Manager A subtle new temporary public artwork can be considered an early sign of the planned transformation of the North Tryon Corridor. “Skyon Tryon,” created by artist Sheila Klein and installed the first week of June, is a public art installation on the underside of the I-277/North Tryon Street Bridge – […]
By David Fowler Communication Intern A love of learning and a love of school should be the same thing, right? However, many times our education system fails to reach every student and get the most of them creatively. There are restraints in terms of state-set curriculum and measuring achievement based on standardized testing scores. At […]
By Scott Walker Cunningham Education Intern “Scott, want to look at my song I wrote?” Da’Quan asked for my attention on Wednesday morning in the photography and digital media room at Studio 345 for the third day of the Arts & Science Council’s (ASC) Digital and Media Literacy summer camp. The low-lit room showcased high-quality […]
- Thank you Hugh McColl for your steadfast support of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg cultural sector! charlotteobserver.com/2014/07/27/506… 17 hours ago
- RT @societycharlott: Bugs! Summer learning with @ASCCharlotte instagram.com/p/q1oVGAw66-/ 3 days ago
- RT @katietoussaint: The wonders of the wetlands. instagram.com/p/q1raYAqAbn/ with @ASCCharlotte & @societycharlott 3 days ago
- Charlotte was the highest grossing city for the national 'Porgy and Bess' tour, grossing $1,030,014!! Congrats @BlumenthalArts 3 days ago
- ASC campers visited the Hidden Valley wetlands today to get a lesson in ecology! Pictures on our Facebook! goo.gl/JdLK2Q 3 days ago