Arts & Science Council President Scott Provancher talks about what ASC is doing to look forward as the organization kicks off the 2011 Annual Fund Drive in this edition of On Topic.
ASC President Scott Provancher talks about innovation, adaptation, education and how ASC is helping Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools in this first edition of On Topic.
To see the video in HD click here.
To find out more about ASC’s education fund call Julie Conigliaro at 704-335-3046.
By Bernie PetitCommunications Manager More than 2,400 people voted in our ArtPop poll from Nov. 25-Dec. 1 on CharlotteCultureGuide.com to determine the five local artists who would join 15 previously announced artists in having their works splashed across Charlotte area billboards in the new year. Here are the winners: Betsy Birkner (ceramic sculpture) Pam […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Specialist Regional Artist Project Grants (RAPG) do more than help artists attend professional development experiences or purchase/rent a piece of equipment. The grants keep artists working. “I’m working on a project today that is a direct result of winning that grant,” said Dana Gingras, an RAPG recipient last year. The Mooresville […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Specialist An Arts & Science Council (ASC) call for local and regional artists has been extended. Up to five artists will be paired with Charlotte neighborhoods to create a unique piece of public art in the Neighborhoods in Creative pARTnership program, a community based public art initiative by the City of […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Specialist Whether you’re shopping for someone who has everything or looking for a last-minute stocking stuffer, a power2give.org gift card is the perfect gift for anyone on your holiday list. It’s a great way to introduce loved ones, coworkers or clients to the difference power2give.org makes in the cultural community. “It […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Specialist The Latibah Collard Green Museum survived its first frost, so to speak. And in the fashion of the leafy vegetable from which it takes its name, Latibah endured the harsh conditions and came out better because of it. In Latibah’s case, its “frost” wasn’t the result of dropping temperatures but […]
- RT @JoshCFRE: Hooray for Quentin Talley, presenter of the awards at #Jazzy2013 @ASCCharlotte 2 days ago
- Congrats 2013 @HBGanttCenter award winners Tyrone Jefferson, Sally & Russell Robinson and Compass Group! #Jazzy2013 2 days ago
- 'The arts deepen our understanding of who we are' - Natalie Frazier Allen at Jazzy Holiday Luncheon. #Jazzy2013 2 days ago
- Good times and tunes at the Jazzy Luncheon! http://t.co/Vhps1OpN7G 2 days ago
- RT @puravidaart: @charlottenc @asccharlotte #painting demo and talkback by #charlotte NC #artist @osirisrain this sat, 12/7 #clt #art https… 3 days ago