Arts & Science Council President Scott Provancher talks about what ASC is doing to look forward as the organization kicks off the 2011 Annual Fund Drive in this edition of On Topic.
ASC President Scott Provancher talks about innovation, adaptation, education and how ASC is helping Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools in this first edition of On Topic.
To see the video in HD click here.
To find out more about ASC’s education fund call Julie Conigliaro at 704-335-3046.
By David Currence Marketing Manager You might think about arts and culture as only museums, galleries and theaters. But here’s a new way of thinking of them – as job creators, economic stimulators and active contributors to the local business community. Nonprofit arts and culture are a $202.8 million industry in Charlotte-Mecklenburg – one that […]
By Bernie PetitCommunications Manager Eric Mullis never saw those abandoned mills. The structures that brought NoDa, Charlotte’s art district, into existence never truly entered his field of vision when he walked by. Then he and his cohorts in Triptych Collective – a group of artists that present music, dance and art in nontraditional ways to […]
Compiled by Bernie Petit Communications Manager A Charlotte museum has been awarded an Art Works grants from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) as part of the second half of its fiscal year 2014 funding. The Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture will receive one of the coveted Art Works grants, […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Manager Putting cultural experiences in all Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools gives students a greater chance at success. Ensuring such parity exists across schools regardless of student population is the goal of the Arts & Science Council (ASC) Education School Grants program, which provides up to $285,000 in total funding to local schools for cultural […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Manager A funny thing happened when Matthews Playhouse of the Performing Arts began offering productions for kids nearly 20 years ago. Adults wanted to play, too. So the playhouse expanded to give adults in southern Mecklenburg opportunities to shine. “We try to be a big arts presence in Matthews,” said playhouse […]
- Don't miss @TriptychCollect's last performance of the season tonite @NTheatre, apt bc #NoDa has influenced its work. bit.ly/QxIcvF 1 hour ago
- RT @MyCreativeTeam: Moving To Charlotte is out! paper.li/MyCreativeTeam… Stories via @ASCCharlotte @QueenCityBeer 3 hours ago
- This is great - Van Gogh selfie with self-portrait. #VanGoghAlive http://t.co/ofNCoDKR1y 5 hours ago
- #VanGoghAlive opens tomorrow @discoveryplace. It's a new way of experiencing the work of a great artist. http://t.co/XT3uUhMvLL 5 hours ago
- RT @FYC_CLT: Thursday morning #artpop on MLK Blvd. ow.ly/i/5kWcd @ASCCharlotte 6 hours ago