Arts & Science Council President Scott Provancher talks about what ASC is doing to look forward as the organization kicks off the 2011 Annual Fund Drive in this edition of On Topic.
ASC President Scott Provancher talks about innovation, adaptation, education and how ASC is helping Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools in this first edition of On Topic.
To see the video in HD click here.
To find out more about ASC’s education fund call Julie Conigliaro at 704-335-3046.
By Emily Rapport Education Intern Camp Director Crystal Lail would have graduated college with a degree in business had her roommate not needed a tutor. Lail had a knack for helping her roommate learn the material. “I was really good at helping people understand things in different ways,” she says. Lail switched her major to […]
By Donna Scott Executive Producer, Donna Scott Productions Donna Scott Productions and Civilized Films are thrilled to have the support of an Arts & Science Council Cultural Project Grant for the current theatre project, “Least Likely Friends,” a new play by Charlotte playwright Tonya Bludsworth. Non-musical theatre productions typically cost an average of $12,000-$15,000 and […]
By Kristopher Steele, MPA ASC Planning and Innovation Manager In Search of a New Funding Model For nearly 40 years, Charlotte-Mecklenburg’s cultural sector has been supported through a public-private fundraising model that includes running fundraising campaigns in the workplace and partnering with local and state government to earn and raise the necessary dollars that support […]
By David Currence Marketing Manager Exhausted from a full day of classes at West Mecklenburg High School and an unusually long wait for the bus, Jasmine Santos still has a warm smile as she exclaims “The bus was over an hour late,” to her patient-yet-anxious instructors at Studio 345. It’s an hour before the Mecklenburg County […]
On May 19, the North Carolina Senate released its 2013-2015 state budget recommendations, which included debilitating cuts to the North Carolina Arts Council. In addition to administrative cuts, the Senate proposed a $500,000 cut to the grants program in 2013/14 and a $780,000 cut to the grants program in 2014/15. What is even more unsettling […]
- Don't let budget cuts reduce cultural programming in NC. Go to bit.ly/11nYJEV and give arts & culture a voice and a future. 5 hours ago
- Happy 65th to Cosby Show star Phylicia Rashad! The show frequently promoted African-American art and culture. What's your favorite episode? 8 hours ago
- Awesome! MT @CSARTS Today we're in the lobby at @LevineChildrens, sharing the joy of art and music with the patients and families here. 1 day ago
- @crepecellar Here's some background on the news - doesn't include the $250,000 discovery place received this morning! charlotteobserver.com/2013/06/18/411… 1 day ago
- RT @discoveryplace: Our goal is to open #STEMcenter Spring 2014. Teachers can engage w/peers using resources we will provide, in a place no… 1 day ago