Arts & Science Council President Scott Provancher talks about what ASC is doing to look forward as the organization kicks off the 2011 Annual Fund Drive in this edition of On Topic.
ASC President Scott Provancher talks about innovation, adaptation, education and how ASC is helping Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools in this first edition of On Topic.
To see the video in HD click here.
To find out more about ASC’s education fund call Julie Conigliaro at 704-335-3046.
By Scott Walker Cunningham Davidson College Education Scholar When I came to Davidson College, I arrived as a wrestler. I spent my high school days between three varsity sports, and while I always held creative interests, I never invested much in them. But by the end of my first semester wrestling was no longer an […]
By Scott Cunningham Davidson College Education Scholar In a previous blog I discussed experiences teaching a specials course on Writing Rap Lyrics during ASC’s Digital & Media Literacy camp. These past few days since then I have researched many of the different afterschool opportunities in the Charlotte community and something struck me—there are scant few […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Manager A program that encourages young girls to develop their talents in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) is being strengthened, thanks to funding from the Arts & Science Council (ASC). ASC recently announced an initial investment of $6.6 million in the local cultural community to fund 49 neighborhood cultural projects, […]
By David Fowler Communication Intern Last month, the Arts & Science Council hired Constance Y. White as its new Vice President of Public Art to lead the Charlotte-Mecklenburg public art program. White will bring to ASC 17 years of experience facilitating creative projects from inception to completion. She began her career as an arts administrator […]
By David Fowler Communication Intern A group of students from Studio 345 went to Yellowstone National Park in July on a once-in-a-lifetime camping trip. But their experience runs deeper than just a trip to Wyoming, thanks to Park Journeys, Inc., a youth development organization which seeks to educate, energize, and empower urban and rural youth […]
- @DianneG @JohnHorne3 Great pics Dianne! Thanks for sharing! #shareyourselfies 3 hours ago
- RT @DianneG: @JohnHorne3 @ASCCharlotte pre-show dressing room & post-show selfies! #shareyourselfies http://t.co/BiRSM9yrl4 3 hours ago
- Premiere of #SpiralBound is Sept 9. If you care about arts education, don't miss it! bit.ly/spiralbound http://t.co/g5XEEtd18s 8 hours ago
- We are grateful to .@myfamilydollar CEO Howard Levine for his $100k personal gift for .@CharMeckSchools field trips: bit.ly/XAOVJ8 1 day ago
- RT @CharMeckSchools: Thank you, Howard Levine, for the personal donation of $100,000 to @ASCCharlotte for field trips for our students! htt… 1 day ago