Arts & Science Council President Scott Provancher talks about what ASC is doing to look forward as the organization kicks off the 2011 Annual Fund Drive in this edition of On Topic.
ASC President Scott Provancher talks about innovation, adaptation, education and how ASC is helping Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools in this first edition of On Topic.
To see the video in HD click here.
To find out more about ASC’s education fund call Julie Conigliaro at 704-335-3046.
By Akua Kouyate-Tate Senior Director of Education, Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts For more than 30 years, Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts has been a leader in early childhood education. In 2010, we received a major grant from the U.S. Department of Education to implement and study a professional development (PD) […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Manager For its 40th anniversary, the Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture wants to continue its conversations with the community. The ongoing dialogue includes last season’s “Question Bridge: Black Males” exhibit, which explored issues facing the black male community. It continues with “Venturing Out of the Heart of […]
By Caitlin James ASC Davidson College Impact Fellow Preparing preschool kids to enter kindergarten is Lisa Hix’s job. It’s why she was excited to have the Arts & Science Council’s (ASC) North Carolina Wolf Trap program in her classroom this year. The arts-based instruction the program provides helps engage students “who may not be confident […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Manager Lindsay Wright didn’t know the field trips she went on as a public school student in Charlotte-Mecklenburg were supported by the Arts & Science Council. She connected the dots as an adult. It’s why she gives to ASC. “I’ve reaped the benefits of the Arts & Science Council and I […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Manager If you’re from the Carolinas or you’ve lived here awhile, you know this region loves its basketball. But folks here love their public art, too, and basketball fans attending games at Time Warner Cable Arena can appreciate both. Ten years ago, several public artworks representative of Charlotte’s past and its […]
- RT @SouthEndCLT: Opening night at for #ShilohRules at the #Charlotte Art League at 8pm thanks to @triplecbrew @ASCCharlotte http://t.co/uk1… 7 hours ago
- RT @MrsCs5thGrade: @ASCCharlotte @McKeeRoadPTA It was great! Thanks for having us! The kids really enjoyed the performances from all grou… 7 hours ago
- Education.WolfTrap.org is a new resource for #earlychildhood teachers who want quality #artsed in their classrooms. 8 hours ago
- @MrsCs5thGrade @McKeeRoadPTA Great group of kids! Hope they (and you) enjoyed the performance! 8 hours ago
- RT @MrsCs5thGrade: 5th grade trip to Blumenthal Theater to see a program about the Arts! @McKeeRoadPTA @ascCharlotte http://t.co/YakCbU9Rpl 8 hours ago