Arts & Science Council President Scott Provancher talks about what ASC is doing to look forward as the organization kicks off the 2011 Annual Fund Drive in this edition of On Topic.
ASC President Scott Provancher talks about innovation, adaptation, education and how ASC is helping Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools in this first edition of On Topic.
To see the video in HD click here.
To find out more about ASC’s education fund call Julie Conigliaro at 704-335-3046.
By Bernie Petit Communications Manager A first of its kind event hosted by the four member organizations of Levine Center for the Arts – the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, Blumenthal Performing Arts’ Knight Theater, the Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture and Mint Museum Uptown – takes place this weekend. And […]
Why this matters: The iconography found in “Hornets Nest” at the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department Westovever station is representative of both the CMPD and the revitalization of the West Boulevard corridor. By Emily Sogard Cultural & Community Investment Intern Bricks create a buzz in Michael Morgan’s new “Hornets Nest,” connects community members along West Boulevard to […]
Why this matters: ASC recognizes that creative individuals and teachers enrich the cultural lives of everyone in our region and beyond through their work. By Michael Solender Dr. Tom Hanchett, 2016 ASC Honors award recipient for lifetime achievement in history. Creating community together Tyrone Jefferson, […]
Why This Matters: ASC recognizes that creative individuals and teachers enrich the cultural lives of everyone in our region and beyond through their work. By Michael Solender When Tom Hanchett arrived in Charlotte in the early ‘80s to work for the Charlotte Mecklenburg Historic Landmarks Commission his job was to study neighborhoods many saw as […]
Why this matters: ASC recognizes that creative individuals and teachers enrich the cultural lives of everyone in our region and beyond through their work. By Michael Solender Tyrone Jefferson likes to quote civil rights activist Marcus M. Garvey who said, “A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a […]
- RT @theobserver: Charlotte Ballet unveils 2016-17 season charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/… https://t.co/IvHWuUD8US 6 days ago
- Such a great space to create. And love the dragon! twitter.com/wrayward/statu… 6 days ago
- RT @JulieEiselt: Great tour @discoveryplace today including the STEM (Teacher Training) Center! Cool 3D printers! https://t.co/6sHaAF7oY2 6 days ago
- RT @thebechtler: We're talking a city walk with museum CEO John Boyer today at 4p. Follow along with us on @Snapchat! "thebechtler" https:/… 1 week ago
- RT @ArtPopStreetGal: @ASCCharlotte & @adamsoutdoor @YourOAAA bit.ly/CLTPodcast #ArtPopCLT 1 week ago