Arts & Science Council President Scott Provancher talks about what ASC is doing to look forward as the organization kicks off the 2011 Annual Fund Drive in this edition of On Topic.
ASC President Scott Provancher talks about innovation, adaptation, education and how ASC is helping Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools in this first edition of On Topic.
To see the video in HD click here.
To find out more about ASC’s education fund call Julie Conigliaro at 704-335-3046.
Compiled by Bernie Petit Communications Manager Earth Day celebrations may have taken place across the globe yesterday, but Charlotte-Mecklenburg area students have the opportunity to use art to illustrate why it’s important to celebrate Earth Day every day. Carolinas HealthCare System (CHS) and the Arts & Science Council invite kids in pre-K through 12th grade […]
ASC Staff Do you have an innovative idea that will help make Charlotte more livable? Are you eager to serve and engage your community? Share your idea with 880 Cities and Knight Foundation and tell them about yourself. You could be selected as a K880 Emerging City Champion. What is the K880 City Champions program? […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Manager Imagine sitting in your easy chair and taking in the work of renowned artist Henri Matisse. That’s how comfortable you will be strolling through the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art at Levine Center for the Arts’ exhibition “The Art Books of Henri Matisse,” which runs through Sept. 7, 2015. Drawn […]
By Robert Bush ASC President I think Charlotte-Mecklenburg is the perfect example of a cultural jambalaya. Some residents came to work in the thriving financial sector, while others came as the result of other corporate ventures. When blended with lifelong Charlotte-Mecklenburg residents, these distinctive groups create a tremendous amount of social diversity. It’s what makes […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Manager If public art is measured by its ability to transform a space or a place, then perhaps no public artwork in Charlotte-Mecklenburg has had a greater impact than Wind Sculpture by the late Jack Pentes. When the stack of six spheres, made from metal and in the shape of a […]
- RT @LACountyArts: "Spiral Bound," a new #Documentary on the effects of defunding #ArtsEd coming to @nbff April 30: youtu.be/3Ibs827WQQs?li… … 1 day ago
- RT @artscouncil4LB: Students Refuse to be "Spiral Bound" See @ASCCharlotte's doc at this year's #nbff! #artsed bit.ly/spiralbound http… 1 day ago
- Great crowd at #StudioK Art for#NowisFireworks http://t.co/KYES2GI5Na 1 day ago
- It's been a good week - hope everyone has a fun, safe weekend! 1 day ago
- RT @jgrauel: Excited to be doing a live #painting corporate gig @TheMintMuseum - #cltarts thanks @ASCCharlotte 2 days ago