Arts & Science Council President Scott Provancher talks about what ASC is doing to look forward as the organization kicks off the 2011 Annual Fund Drive in this edition of On Topic.
ASC President Scott Provancher talks about innovation, adaptation, education and how ASC is helping Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools in this first edition of On Topic.
To see the video in HD click here.
To find out more about ASC’s education fund call Julie Conigliaro at 704-335-3046.
By Bernie Petit Communications Manager The NC Humanities Council will honor former Charlotte mayor and Gantt Center namesake Harvey Gantt this week with the annual John Tyler Caldwell Award for the Humanities. The award recognizes those exceptional individuals who throughout their lives and careers have strengthened the educational, cultural, and civic life of North Carolinians. […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Manager When Samuel Davis and Larry Sellers become the first black musicians to join the Charlotte Symphony Orchestra back in the fall of 1963, it wasn’t about making history or breaking barriers. “I never thought of it in terms of being black,” Davis said. “I thought of it in terms of […]
Compiled by Bernie Petit Communications Manager Not a day goes by when we don’t celebrate the arts in Charlotte-Mecklenburg. There’s good reason: Arts and culture mean more than $200 million dollars in economic impact each year in our community. They provide more than 14,000 jobs in the for-profit and nonprofit sectors. And more than 3 […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Manager Latinos have helped transform the South. Over the past 25 years, the South has emerged as the nation’s most vibrant area of Latino growth. North Carolina’s Latino population ranks eighth nationally. Charlotte is the second-highest Latino hyper-growth city in the country. But those numbers don’t tell the whole story, as […]
By Robert Bush ASC President This past July, I was given what may be the best gift I have ever received – time. After 15 years at ASC, the ASC Board gave me the opportunity to disconnect from the day-to-day of Charlotte and ASC for an entire month and challenge myself to new ideas, creativity […]
- RT @AniDrawsOutLoud: @AutryJohn @ASCCharlotte @neighborseast Congrats! Nice to see some public art on the east side of town! I get to see i… 13 hours ago
- RT @NoDaNews: Interested in having your art featured on a billboard? Check out ArtPop through @ASCCharlotte to see how! http://t.co/M7dRfPr… 15 hours ago
- RT @meganliddle: Happy 10th birthday #ImaginOn! We love you so. http://t.co/avF1TLDu2x 17 hours ago
- RT @AutryJohn: East CLT Public Art. The 1st Neighborhood Creative pARTnership public art project. @neighborseast @ASCCharlotte https://t.co… 17 hours ago
- RT @BlumenthalArts: This weekend: @BConventionCLT, 2-day @BConvention fesitval. Most events #FREE & all ages. BlumenthalArts.org/invadingCLT http:/… 3 days ago