Arts & Science Council President Scott Provancher talks about what ASC is doing to look forward as the organization kicks off the 2011 Annual Fund Drive in this edition of On Topic.
ASC President Scott Provancher talks about innovation, adaptation, education and how ASC is helping Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools in this first edition of On Topic.
To see the video in HD click here.
To find out more about ASC’s education fund call Julie Conigliaro at 704-335-3046.
By Bernie Petit Communications Manager There’s been a lot of talk about Charlotte’s brand, or lack thereof. There’s “no denying that what Charlotte lacks relative to more established cities is a unique identity,” opined Charlotte Agenda. A Chamber of Commerce tour of Nashville in June reminded Charlotte leaders “yet again that Charlotte hasn’t determined its […]
Compiled by Bernie Petit Communications Manager Saturdays in the park. We think it’s cultural festival time. A dated reference? Sure, unless you’re a Chicago fan. But the start of the cultural festival season means we have several Saturdays – and Fridays and Sundays – to look forward to. ASC supports festivals throughout the year primarily […]
By Bernie Petit Communications Manager Here’s a statistic for you: More than two-thirds of Charlotte-Mecklenburg residents believe that individual artists contribute to our community’s quality of life, according to a 2015 Urban Institute Cultural Life in Mecklenburg County Survey. Count us among the two-thirds here at ASC. A strong community of individual artists is critical […]
By Amy Mitchell Communications Manager It’s back to school season for students in Charlotte-Mecklenburg. While parents and students are finishing up vacations and summer camps, shopping for school supplies and new jeans, ASC is preparing for another academic year of taking arts education into area PreK-12 schools. Embarking on its fourth year, ASC’s School Grants […]
By Caitie Connor Out-of-School Time Special Projects Intern, Education ASC Davidson College Education Scholar A recent survey of teachers identified student apathy as one of the major problems in classrooms. Academic disengagement is on the rise, as fewer students are willing to play the game of school without any perceived gain. “I HATE writing essays […]
- RT @gschermbeck: Solid article about the importance of #culture and the #arts in #CLT. Thanks to @cltchamber @ASCCharlotte https://t.co/T… 15 hours ago
- RT @TheTrolleyWalk: Read this and be about it you guys. Branding #CLT as "Queen of the Arts" is a realistic & worthy goal https://t.co/gvyF… 20 hours ago
- Queen of Arts? The Cultural Center of the South? Our thoughts on why #CLT should build its brand around the arts: asccharlotte.wordpress.com/2015/07/28/bra… 23 hours ago
- RT @CLTViewPoint: Charlotte - Queen of Arts? What do you think? Here's what Bernie Pettit of @ASCCharlotte thinks. https://t.co/bjhPMDv8S… 1 day ago
- RT @johnhleonard: Bon Odori 2015 @ASCCharlotte @WellsFargo http://t.co/Y7D2b3KH4s 3 days ago